York Ebor Festival Races and Schedule 2016
The York Ebor Festival takes place over four days and hosts 24 races, including three at Group One level and of course it hosts the richest flat handicap in Europe, the Ebor Handicap. There are six races on each day, each starting at 1.55, the last race is at 4.55.
There has been a bit of a revamp of the meeting in recent years with the final day now taking place on Saturday, the Betfred Ebor is being moved to the weekend with a packed house expected on the Knavesmire. The big sprint race of the week the Nunthorpe Stakes is now being run on Friday while the key race on the first day is the top class International Stakes, while the Yorkshire Oaks takes centre stage on the second day of the meeting with the fillies getting the chance to shine.
Ebor Meeting Day One 2016
The first day of any Ebor Festival at York is always exciting as it offers a great week of action in the middle of the summer. The key race on day one is the International Stakes which has been won by horses like Sea The Stars and Rip Van Winkle over the past few seasons and it will be interesting to see who scores in 2015.
- 1.55 Symphony Group Stakes
- 2.30 Acomb Stakes
- 3.05 Great Voltigeur Stakes
- 3.40 Juddmonte International Stakes
- 4.20 Fine Equity Stakes
- 4.55 Betway Nursery Handicap
Ebor Meteting Day Two 2016
We get to see the fillies take centre stage on the second day of the Ebor Meeting and the race this season is looking particularly hot with a number of nice types set to take their chance. As well as the Oaks, there is also the Lowther Stakes for punters to get stuck into and it is good a chance to see some of the best two-year old fillies.
- 1.55 The DBS Yearling Stakes
- 2.30 Lowther Stakes
- 3.05 Clipper Logistics Stakes Handicap
- 3.40 Yorkshire Oaks
- 4.20 -Galtres Stakes
- 4.55 Eventmasters Fillies Stakes
Ebor Meeting Day Three 2016
The third day of the Ebor Meeting is always an excellent one and that is the case this season with the Nunthorpe Stakes moved to Friday afternoon for the very first time. The Nunthorpe is one of the best races of the year for the sprinters, it is a great spectacle for fans on course as well as being one of the best betting races of the season.
- 1.55 Skybet Stakes
- 2.30 Lonsdale Cup
- 3.05 Strensall Stakes
- 3.40 Nunthorpe Stakes
- 4.20 Convivial Maiden Stakes
- 4.55 Accident Repair Services Stakes
Ebor Meeting Day Four 2016
The final day in the Knavesmire will see the Ebor Handicap itslef take centre stage, and it is sure to attract a bumper crowd to the course as well as being a big betting race in the ring and online.
- Weekend Racing Review Shantou Village And Fox Norton Star At Cheltenham For Mulholland
- Vibrato Valtat To Land Old Roan Chase Victory For Nicholls At Aintree
- Well Backed Yucatan To Storm To Racing Post Trophy Glory At Doncaster
- Weekend Racing Review Almanzor And Minding Star On British Champions Day
- Seventh Heaven To Storm To Fillies And Mares Glory On Champions Day
- Quiet Reflection Is Favourite For Champions Sprint Stakes At Ascot
- Minding To Get The Better Of Ribchester In Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Betting
- Sheikhzayedroad Tipped To Cause Long Distance Cup Shock On British Champions Day
- Fantastic Filly Found Fancied To Claim Champion Stakes Glory At Ascot