York Ebor Festival Races and Schedule 2014
The York Ebor Festival takes place over four days and hosts 24 races, including three at Group One level and of course it hosts the richest flat handicap in Europe, the Ebor Handicap. There are six races on each day, each starting at 1.55, the last race is at 4.55.
There has been a bit of a revamp of the meeting in recent years with the final day now taking place on Saturday, the Betfred Ebor is being moved to the weekend with a packed house expected on the Knavesmire. The big sprint race of the week the Nunthorpe Stakes is now being run on Friday while the key race on the first day is the top class International Stakes, while the Yorkshire Oaks takes centre stage on the second day of the meeting with the fillies getting the chance to shine.
Ebor Meeting Day Three 2014
The third day of the Ebor Meeting is always an excellent one and that is the case this season with the Nunthorpe Stakes moved to Friday afternoon for the very first time. The Nunthorpe is one of the best races of the year for the sprinters, it is a great spectacle for fans on course as well as being one of the best betting races of the season.
- 1.55 -¬Skybet Stakes
- 2.30 -¬Lonsdale Cup
- 3.05 -¬Strensall Stakes
- 3.40 -¬Nunthorpe Stakes
- 4.20 -¬Convivial Maiden Stakes
- 4.55 -¬Accident Repair Services Stakes
Ebor Meeting Day Four 2014
The final day in the Knavesmire will see the Ebor Handicap itslef take centre stage, and it is sure to attract a bumper crowd to the course as well as being a big betting race in the ring and online.
- 2.05 -¬City Of York Stakes
- 2.40 -¬Melrose Stakes
- 3.15 -¬Gimcrack Stakes
- 3.50 -¬Betfred Ebor
- 4.25 -¬Julia Graves Roses Stakes
- 5.00 -¬Bonus King Nursery Handicap
- 5.35 -¬BCS Apprentice Hanciap
Ebor Meeting Day One 2014
The first day of any Ebor Festival at York is always exciting as it offers a great week of action in the middle of the summer. The key race on day one is the International Stakes which has been won by horses like Sea The Stars and Rip Van Winkle over the past few seasons and it will be interesting to see who scores in 2014.
- 1.55 -¬Symphony Group Stakes
- 2.30 -¬Acomb Stakes
- 3.05 -¬Great Voltigeur Stakes
- 3.40 -¬Juddmonte International Stakes
- 4.20 -¬Fine Equity Stakes
- 4.55 -¬Stan James Nursery Handicap
Ebor Meteting Day Two 2014
We get¬ to see the fillies take centre stage on the second day of the Ebor Meeting and the race this season is looking particularly hot with a number of nice types set to take their chance. As well as the Oaks, there is also the Lowther Stakes for punters to get stuck into and it is good a chance to see some of the best two-year old fillies.
Ebor Festival 2014 Day 1
Ebor Festival 2014 Day 2
Ebor Festival 2014 Day 3
- 1:55 - Skybet Stakes
- 2:30 - Lonsdale Cup
- 3:05 - City of York Stakes
- 3:40 - Nunthorpe Stakes
- 4:20 - Skybet Convivial Maiden Stakes
- 4:55 - Accident Repair Services Stakes
Ebor Festival 2014 Day 4
- AP McCoy can round off Scoop 6 with Box Office ride at Sandown
- Le Reve heads betting for wide open bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown
- AP McCoy aims for Sandown Park Celebration on board Mr Mole
- Cape Clear Island Looks The Bet In Tight Bet365 Classic Trial Market
- Shifting can Power to bet365 Mile success for Hannon
- Cannock Chase tipped to sparkle in Gordon Richards Stakes at Sandown
- AP McCoy Top 10 Moments We look at some of his career highs
- Quality action from Newbury and Ayr feature in tough Scoop 6 test